Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Stootzmann

Default No power in one bedroom only

1972 is setting off all kinds of alarms in my head -- do you have aluminum
wiring in your house?

What you are describing is a classical case of aluminum wiring. My father's
house was built in 71-72 and about 2 months ago an entire circuit went
dead. Had to replace the entire AL circuit with copper wiring.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one bedroom in my house that has no power whatsoever. None of
the circuit breaker are tripped, and just to be sure, I flipped each
one to off and then back to on with no effect. I believe that most of
the circuits in the house are spread out among different lights and
outlets in different rooms, so I can't understand why only one room
would be out while everything else is working fine. The house was
built in 1972 and has had no other electrical problems. The problem
occured when the overhead light in the room was turned on. The light
went on, went off, on again, and then off completely. After that,
there was no power at all in the room. The room does not have a GFCI
in it. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? Thanks for any
help you can give!