Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Way Off Topic: West coast eyes

Beej-in-GA said:

Hi Folks,
First I apologize for this Off Topic post, but my contacts on the West Coast
are somewhat limited. I have a friend that is looking for anyone who knows
about the Oasis of Hope Clinic in Tijuana. He's looking for someone who's
had experience with them. He's rather desperate, his wife, a 10 year cancer
survivor, has just been diagnosed as terminal. We are in Georgia and he is
reluctant to expend slender resources on chasing wild fowl. Thanks for your
patience and assistance.
Best Regards,
Beej

Just my opinion, but I believe that most of these "Treatment Centers"
are scams that prey upon the vain hope of it's victims. They bleed
your wallet dry with false promises of miraculous cures that "The FDA
won't approve in the US". I wouldn't drink the water there, much less
submit to medical treatment. There is a reason they do not operate
within the US - the ones that exist in the states are bad enough.

Of course, there may be exceptions, but I wouldn't expect them to be
located in Mexico... Canada, Germany, France, etc. perhaps...

I am sorry to hear of your friends and their troubles and wish I had
better information to offer. I personally would be more inclined to
do some research, internationally, for possible herbal remedies and
treatments and such. Spend your days comfortable, at home among
family and friends, rather than being ripped off by some swindler
across the border - or for that matter, some swindler... uh...
hospital in the US.

JMHO, FWIW, etc.

Greg G.