Posted to rec.woodworking
Jane & David

Default Dewalt or Hitachi 12" slide miter saw

In article ,
"Joe Joe" wrote:

My girl got me the new Dewalt 12" slide miter saw DW718 for Christmas. She
got it at Lowe's which also has the new Hitachi 12" C12LSH. Anyone have any
experience with either of these saws? Any comments of one over the other?
I've used Dewalt miter saws in the past and have had a good experience. The
Hitachi has some features the Dewalt does not, laser and digital bevel and
miter angles. The Dewalt says it cuts a 16" board, the Hitachi 12.25". The 2
saws are the same price so I can take back the Dewalt and get the Hitachi.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Two things to consider - the Dewalt is a decent performer and your girl
picked it for you. Keep the Dewalt, she'll feel good seeing you use it.

PDX David