Ghazali

Default Connecting Delinghi Gas Cooker to flexible (threaded) hose connector

Can anyone help.
I recently purchased a second hand Delonghi gas cooker (Don't have
model name) but is not more than 3 years old.

The cooker has two connection points at the back. These are
effectively an inverted L shape pipe protruding from the back.
(Apparently common for European type cookers). At the botton of the
pipe is a threaded (male) connector (3/4" diameter). The problem is
that this connector, when not connected is free to travel up and down
(to the end) of the pipe.

When I connect my flexible hose with (female) threaded connector to
the male connector in the cooker, there is still travel in the cooker
connector.
I have tried to different size connectors, and both have same problem.

In other words the pipe, when connected and fully tightened, is still
able to travel upwards about 2 to 3 cms. Obviously therefore the gas
leaks.

Here are the questions:

Is there a proper connector I can get? I.e. ine with a collar in the
middle so that both connection points will be sealed against the
collar.
If so what exactly is this called and where to buy from.

Can I use the putty type jointing compound (by Fernox I think). I do
not really want to use this, because it seems like a dodgy way of
doing it.

I would ask my plumber - but he's on hols at present.

Your help would be appreciated.

GAZ