Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Craftsman RAS question; tightening the carriage lock tilts it...

mike hide wrote:
well I have one and have used it practically daily for the last 30+ years,
still does the job it was designed for . I do not use the ripping feature
......so why does everybody "know" sears stuff as crap.................

I've got a Craftsman RAS I bought in 1991 or 1992; it was my first big tool. My
complaint has always been that it's very easy to bind the blade up. This is
something that I've never done with my table saw (which is a Ridgid TS2424).
All I can figure is that it's underpowered.

I've got it set up now as a dedicated crosscut saw. I don't use it nearly as
much as my other saws (table, miter, band).

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN