Posted to alt.electronics
newtype

Default Request for a vote, for new electronic newsgroup

Pippa Reeves wrote in
news
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 03:04:03 +0000, newtype wrote:

Reasons for creating a new newsgroup. From the posts I have
made to alt.binaires.schematics.electronic , the realization

***snip***

This a call for a vote.

Hi Newtype,
I have been a keen viewer of the group alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
for quite some time. Most weeks there have only been 10 or 20 posts, until
you commenced posting the copies of the datasheets.

.... snip ...

I have a suggestion for you, reduce the number of posts you put up each
day, posting about a quarter of the volume each day should cure the
retention problems that most people are upset over. I do not believe
there is a need for another group.
Pip

Reducing the posts wont change the current state of a.b.s.e
The current users of a.b.s.e don't know why there are so many files
to begin with. I want a newsgroup where this will be a problem.
I created a Charter, as per alt.config rules. I state that the new
newsgroup will be for multi-part files. Since there is no charter
for a.b.s.e , no one seems to understand how to use a binary newsgroup.

Even if I post 10 files, that's 10 files too many. That's called
"Flooding" . I seriously doubt it. I posted 1 file and that was
spewed all over. Yet I got response from 5 users for more "You got
anymore..? It dosen't make a difference now, too many hate mongers
out. Too many new users that don't know how to use a newsreader.