Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default NOT SPAM Interested parties email me. Louisiana and surrounding areas.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "GeeDubb" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .

.... snip

Not close to there, but wishing you good luck with your effort. I'd love
to see if something like that could get started here in Tucson. I have
been having a terrible time getting good cherry from my regular supplier.
It's all sapwood and warped and wained. It would be great if a bunch of us
could somehow get together and get a good deal on a shipment on good FAS
cherry or other wood in a quantity sufficient to get a good freight rate.

Spellman Hardwood here in Phoenix seems to have a decent selection of
cherry. My local Woodworker's Resource and Rockler, however, has what you
describe. American Hardwoods usually has a good selection as well. I don't
know if it's worth the drive up to check them out, though.

Thanks. Given what I'm finding down here, I may have to make the trip to
Phoenix. We have a Woodworkers' Source down here also, but I've found them
to be outrageously expensive for their wood prices. May have to check
again though.