Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bob Rahe

Default Water Softer Salt

In article ,
John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
"DogDaddy" wrote:

The discharge from water softner is killing the grass in my yard.
Is there anything else I can use besides the bags of salt?

Are you in the city or country? If you are in the city, put
the discharge down the drain. Let the city process it. If
you have a septic system, the salt can be bad for the drain field
over time. The discharge water comes from back-flushing the

I got an EPA report a while back, via UMich, I think, that said
the softener regen is not harmful to a properly functioning septic system
and in some soil situations can actually be helpful.

If you can't find it with google I can probably dig it up...

--
|Bob Rahe, MIEEE, (RWR50) / ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) |