Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default DIY - Lathe Based 10" Disk Sander

Tom Nie said:

Greg, I can't believe you were that good. Is the coal underneath for
ballast?

TomNie

Funny thing, I wasn't good at all! Not in the least!

The saw is a Delta refurb, so it wasn't nearly as expensive as a new
saw. But the fence, table and all the accessories were brand new, and
you can't tell it from a new saw. Must have been a dealer demo unit,
as even the screw holes were virgin. This was the second saw,
however, the first was so hammered up by the "factory" I returned it.
The dealer is local, so it was a matter of driving 5 miles to hump
another one home. They picked up the bad one.

But to answer your other question, the coal is in my stocking and on
my dinner plate. We won't be able to afford food this year. ;-)

The pile of stuff under the saw table is self-harvested Cherry and
wormy Pin Oak planks.

FWIW,

Greg G.