Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Thoughts and concerns / design ideas for using a grill on a deck?

"1_Patriotic_Guy" wrote in message

Also, how close to the siding on the home is it reasonable to have the
grill?

How close depends on how big the inevitalbe flare up will be. Put he grill
on the far side of the deck out in the open. No way would I put mine
against the house or under an eave or near a window.

My grill has been on the deck for 25 years with no problems. But, stuff
happens and flare-ups do happen. Mine is only inches from the deck rail and
has not caused any overheating or burning problem. Being in the open, there
is no grease or smoke splatters on the house either.

Rare, but it does happen that a propane tanks gets on fire or a grill
otherwise loses control. With 12' to the house, it minimizes any potential
problems. Next to the house could end up costing the house.

Next is a good grill. For the $200 it will cook a burnger, for for anything
more serious, look at Vermont Castings, BroilMaster, MHP or Weber. They are
far superior to cook with. Plan to spend $600 to $1500