Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

Default de-bounce

"Henry" wrote in message
om...
I am tinkering with some 25 year old TTL logic chips and I need to make a
de-bounce circuit that will stay on for the duration of a the push-button.
have several ways already to debounce the button close, but they are
one-shot pulses that have thein own duration. I need both the close and
open
of the push button to be debounced and it to keep the duration of the
button
push. I have seen schmitt trigger circuits (that I have tried to build but
dont seem to work (have to triple check the wiring)), and other RC
variations. What kind of easily accessible parts (like from Radio Shack)
should I be looking for. It all has to run on 4-AA batteries. Looked an
some
op-amp parts at RS but they seem to all require 18v, or more, supply.

BTW, the debouncing solution needs to be acurate to within about 1
milli-second.

Henry

The easiest way is to use a pushbutton with Form C contact (single pole,
double throw) connected to 2 cross connected NOR gates so that when the
moving contact hits one pole connected to one NOR gate the cross connection
latches in one state and when the moving contact hits the other pose
connected to the other NOR gate the cross connection latches in the other
state. Thus you get a latch circuit the follows the pushbutton with no
glitches.

If you don't know how to implement this let me I can give you more details

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr