Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default de-bounce

I am tinkering with some 25 year old TTL logic chips and I need to make a
de-bounce circuit that will stay on for the duration of a the push-button. I
have several ways already to debounce the button close, but they are
one-shot pulses that have thein own duration. I need both the close and open
of the push button to be debounced and it to keep the duration of the button
push. I have seen schmitt trigger circuits (that I have tried to build but
dont seem to work (have to triple check the wiring)), and other RC
variations. What kind of easily accessible parts (like from Radio Shack)
should I be looking for. It all has to run on 4-AA batteries. Looked an some
op-amp parts at RS but they seem to all require 18v, or more, supply.

BTW, the debouncing solution needs to be acurate to within about 1
milli-second.

Henry