Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default help with newly acquired lathe

I feel real bad for you
I have been in my garage (not my shop) for over a month in the evenings
using a unisaw to make cabinets, you just can't get that slab of cast iron
to warm up. here is a link to the caninets, Merry Christmas to my wife.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/cabinet/cabinet.htm

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:51:02 -0500, "wayne mak"
wrote:

I here you there, we stay above 20 most of the time but this december we
went below zero for many days. I am buying 2 sheldon lathes next week and
dred moving them, my backhoe is put away for the winter so its a real pain
to unload things. Its amazing how easy things get broke when you want to
move them along so you don't freeze your @$% off.

It was 80F here Friday, and about 75F Saturday, with a little breeze.

The fog was pretty thick though at night coming in from L.A. 1.5
Stripe.

27 miles took me about an hour and a half, give or take.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner