Posted to alt.home.repair
hiebs

Default leaving fridge on

Ill throw my hat into the ring. There is no headmaster on home
refirgerators, no fan cycling switches, or for self contained
commercial units for that matter. "at least in the units I have
serviced" Yes refrigerant does migrate to the coldest area which I
belive would be the condenser/ not the compressor. The tstat would
occasionally call because the evaporator fan motor is running and does
produce heat,
"up to 90 f if tstat is bad, It is amazing how much heat a 3000 r.p.m
fan can put out" I would be more concerned with decreased compressor
life do to thick oil and not getting proper lubrication, If you notice
on remote units they have heaters either wrapped around the compressor
or heaters that slide into the compressor.

--
hiebs
hiebs's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid=69