Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Dishwasher foolishness?

On 23 Dec 2005 08:59:13 -0800, wrote:

The new energy star ones definitely use less water and electricity. I
have a GE Profile and it does not use electricity to heat the water
during wash cycles, unless you specifically select it by pushing the
extra heat button.

That's a good idea. Mine only has on/off for the heated drying.

I didn't think much about the preheated water, unti lthe drain was
clogged and I kept running the washer and then rotating the timer to
the same starting place. The water got hotter and hotter and finally
melted a plastic salad bowl I really liked, that I had washed 50 or
100 times without damage. It's only a little bit and I still use it.

However, I do agree that the payback time for a
$250 savings is gonna be a long time, a lot longer than a couple years.

Tht's what I figured.

Our first dishwasher, when I was 10, poured steam all over the
kitchen, and the garbage disposal made terrible noises. My mother and
I didn't know that both of them were broken!

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.