Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default DIY - Lathe Based 10" Disk Sander

Greg wrote:

As for the wooden threads, with the time I would spend finding a
1"x8TPI bolt, much less modifying it to act as a tap, I could buy the
faceplate. And I'm not too sure I trust threads cut into plywood all
that much. But I may try it next time I need something quick and
dirty.

I bought three 1x8 taps on e-bay for about $9.00 including shipping. Once
you have the taps and an appropriate size spade bit, there are all manner
of things you can make. See Darrell's web site for ideas.

Merry Christmas & enjoy that saw!