Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Default GE Microwave question

Steve B wrote:
I have one of those SpaceSaver GE microwaves that goes over the range. It
doesn't heat. The lights come on, and it whizzes and whirs, and the
turntable moves, but no heat.

Are these worth getting fixed? Are there user serviceable fuses? Would I
be tossing good money after bad to have it fixed, or should I just replace
it?

Steve

I have seen 2 microwave ovesn that failed to heat due to a burned PWB
trace leading to the relay that controls the primary power to the
transformer. If the fuse is good but the xformer is not getting
primary power and the relay is clicking in, check the PWB for burned
traces...

Mark