Posted to alt.home.repair
The Real Tom Miller

Default Tracfone Promotional Codes

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:48:36 -0500, chicagofan
wrote:

| The Real Tom Miller wrote:
|
| chicagofan wrote:
|
| | The Real Tom Miller wrote:
| | @VM snip
| | Of course, each individual call is
| | The first ten minutes each day are 25 cents each and
| | 10 cents each minute thereafter. This rate could really add up for a
| | frequent user, but we never spend more than $10/month or so unless we
| | are travelling.
| |
| | There are no individual call charges [local or LD] when made within your
| | calling area with TracFone. I think the minutes are doubled, outside your
| | range. Since I do little traveling outside my range, this is fine for me.
| | bj
|

| I'm not following this. You mean calls in the "calling area" are free?
| It doesn't say that on the website. I thought you had to buy a phone
| card.
|
| They are not free in the sense, that you have to *buy* minutes.. to activate
| your choice of service, but there are no extra per call charges... unless
| you place a call outside of your home area [then you are using double
| minutes]. In my case, the *home* area is almost the entire northern section
| of my state.
|

| VM has NO local calling area and all calls cost the same no
| matter if local or long distance. Each call is 25 cents/minute for the
| first 10 minutes and 10 cents thereafter.
|
| I don't think I could keep up with this. I'd just have to trust their
| billing was right.
| bj

You don't really have to keep up with it. That's the point I'm making.
You just use the phone. If you want to check them for accuracy, all
your phone usage is itemized on their website, listed like a regular
phone bill. We use the phone so infrequently that we rarely check it.

The first 10 minutes each day costs $0.25 per minute and all minutes
after that are $0.10 per minute.