Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein

Default light bulb question

In article , RP wrote:

John Grabowski wrote:

That refers to the shape of the bulb. Check out the GE lamp catalog on the
top of page 3 to see the "B" shaped bulbs:
http://www.gelighting.com/na/busines...candescent.pdf

Candelabra refers to the size of the base that the bulb has, not the shape
and size of the glass.

Incorrect. B followed by a number (for example: B-10) indicates a
candelabra of ten eighths inch diameter. Suggest you read the link you
posted again.

hvacrmedic

Most incandescent lamp catalogs do actually explain "candelabra" as a
base size. That is the base that most C7 holiday and nightlight bulbs,
most S6 industrial indicator lamps and some chandalier bulbs have.
I should have been thinking of that when I wrote the "C" entry in my
post on bulb shapes.
In fact, the C9 Christmas bulbs normally don't even have a candelabra
screw base, but an intermediate screw base.

- Don Klipstein )