Posted to rec.woodworking
David Stuve

Default Jimmy Carter website

Hi Dave,

I guess I am a Bush basher these days. Yes he is our commander in-chief,
but he's also our employee, and he's crossed the line as far as I'm
concerned, and I just don't believe him any more.

Some of us anti-war types are patriotic too - I've tried to "support the
troops" in Iraq - I marched to protest the invasion. When that didn't work,
I donated money to the USO and adopted a soldier to send care packages to.
And I still bundle up magazines to send to them to remind them of life here.
I urged my senators to vote for any equipment the troops needed, and to put
pressure on Bush to fire that hand-waving loser Rumsfeld who said 'la la la
there is noinsurgency' and stalled any attempts to up-armor, supply more
troops, etc. And I voted for Kerry in '04 because I suspected Kerry would
send more material and men over to finish the mission quicker. (Bush seems
to be afraid to admit that they misjudged the occupation and need more
support. Which is more important, losing face, or the lives of our
soldiers?)

And next week I'm going to write and ask that Chalibi be investigated and
imprisoned if possible. He's the one who lied to us and said Saddam was
urgently dangerous yet weak enough to invade, and any invasion would be a
quick, cheap affair, dancing in the streets, etc. Bush's greatest sin is
that he was gullible enough to believe it and spread the story as the truth.
Again, I think Bush will avoid losing face and just let Chalibi get away
scott free.

I've never served in the military, but if FDR phoned me through a time warp
and told me to hurry back to 1942 for a mission I'd do it in a second. He
was one of the greatest men who has ever lived, and I'd serve and die for
him without question.

Now if GW called me and asked me to serve, I'd probably be very
suspicious.... and do the same thing that he and Cheney did when asked to
serve. Suddenly have other priorities.

Merry Christmas to all, and a safe 2006!

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
newsgerf.645179$x96.133963@attbi_s72...

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
wrote in message
news

Is there a good website with some of Jimmy carter's woodworking.
I would love to see his work up close.

Thanks
--

Greg
Cowboy Up has taken on a whole different meaning lately

Check Fine Woodworking Issue 174 for an interview type article and issue
167 Reader's Gallery for an eample of his work.

I can't think of a single thing the peanut man did, other than hosting a
meeting with Sadat and Beagan that Carter did while he was President that
deserves any praise for him. Big negatives a giving away the Panama
Canal so that China could buy it all up, and the Iran hostage situation
where his leadership was a disaster.
Those who criticize Bush and think they know everything about foreign
policy I would like for them to answer truthfully the question below:
I wonder how many of YOU KNOW IT ALLS would have supported Roosevelt and
Truman during the Second World War. Would you have stood in line to enlist
in the Army even though we lost over a 150,000 plus GI lives? I doubt if
any of you Bush bashers would have had the BALLS to do so. You are
GUTLESS!
Remember Hitler didn't attack us and we still went to war with Germany.
What about the war with the Japanese would you have stood in line to
volunteer to fight them??