Posted to misc.consumers.house
DogDaddy

Default Water Softer Salt

Yes, I do have a septic, that's why I'm discharging to my yard.
Will Potassium Choride work as well as salt.
This may be the answer.

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote in message
"DogDaddy" wrote:

The discharge from water softner is killing the grass in my yard.
Is there anything else I can use besides the bags of salt?

Why are you discharging your softener into the yard? Somehow, I don't
think
that's code, even if you are on a septic system.

Anyway, you could try using KCl (Potassium Choride) pellets instead of
Sodium
Chloride. They cost a few dollars more per bag, but should be much easier
on the
lawn until you get a more permanent solution.