Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III

Default Water Softer Salt

In article ,
"DogDaddy" wrote:

The discharge from water softner is killing the grass in my yard.
Is there anything else I can use besides the bags of salt?

Are you in the city or country? If you are in the city, put
the discharge down the drain. Let the city process it. If
you have a septic system, the salt can be bad for the drain field
over time. The discharge water comes from back-flushing the
water softener. Anything that is neutralized will go out with
the back-flush, so I assume that those things are considered
harmful if you are trying to keep them out of your water. You
might want to collect the back flush and let if evaporate, or
dump it on gravel away from the lawn & trees. If you have a
holding tank, it should be OK to let it run down the drain.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com