The Natural Philosopher

Default Paint over plaster. How to remove without damaging plaster.

Zymurgy wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote

Zymurgy wrote

I've tried burning with a blowlamp and scraping it off without much

success.

Can't use paint remover as the plaster's porous. Belt sanding it off is too

dusty.

What's next ? hot air stripper ? tedious hand scraping

Why do you need to remove it? As long as it's flat you should be able to
paper, paint, or whatever over the top. I'd coarse sand it by hand and
anything that's still on there can be regarded as sound.

It's not flat. It was under wall tiles. When/where the wall tiles came
off it has left the paint patchy. Unless I rub each section down it'll
be uneven otherwise it all needs to come off !

Forget it. Re-skim it.

Cheers,

Paul.