Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Carrier Infinity Control thermostat problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
The new thermostat is in the same place as our old thermostat. I
didn't see them actual do the install but the old one was much small
than the new one so I assume the hole is not big. I don't think they
would have needed to make the hole any larger? I certainly don't see
any space around it or feel any draft. Also it's an inside wall.

Good thought though.

Inside walls will get drafts too, but enough of that....;-]

You know how they sell "gaskets" to put behind faceplates for switches and
outlets in your house? That's kind of the same idea. Even a "figer-size"
hole can let enough of a draft in to mess with the thermostat. The only
thing is, if it didn't affect the old one, I don't see how it could now.