Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default Cracked Lenticular Screen

Depending on your wallet and the critical nature of your viewing. Other
lenticulars may be subbed without noticeable loss of quality. However, for
best detail you may want to consider getting the original items. BTW have
the fresnal been damaged also or just a crack in the lenticular?
"Glen" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
The inner part is a lens which can not be substituted with a different
paart. The outer lenticular screen is virtually the same on all rear
projectors and can be subbed from any brand/model.

You sure about that last part? I thought the pitch of a lenticular
screen had to be matched to the radial cut of the Fresnel lens,
or else image distortion could result. At least that's what our
Sony repair dude told us.