Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Drafting table design point

In article ,
"TeamCasa" wrote:

I still like to draft on real velum.

Me too. I just had my K&E drafting machine rebuilt. You should have
checked this guy out... too cool. A real German engineerey type. Had his
workshop strewn with transits from back in the day they measured the
height of Mount Everest... museum quality stuff. The rebuild cost me
$175.00, and NO off-shore parts..*lol* which was WAY more than the
table/machine combo when I bought it.
But the way that rolls along those linear bearings and locks in place
like a Ft Knox door...it's a treat to use. (I'm AutoCAD trained, 3 years
at a local college, just for fun, not the same).

I like walking past the drawing and looking at it as the day goes
by..making a change here and there...I would never launch CAD just to
scroll around and find this and that detail to tweak and tune...
Most of the stuff is actual size as well...

I agree, Dave... something organic happens.. it's almost as if the brain
has more opportunity to be creative because it is less busy processing
commands and stuff.... it's that 'one-cheek-on-the-stool' thing again.