Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Garage vs Basement Shop?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"Don Dando" wrote in message

My garage shop is heated and has A/C.

That is the critical difference for most of us. Mine is not and the

extremes
are extreme. Even with a portalbe heater, about six weeks in January and
February the shop is just closed down.

It's funny how before we install a furnace in the garage, the idea almost
seems extreme. But... after we install one it seems so natural to just
suggest others do the same to deal with the cold. I'm in upstate NY and our
winters are both long and cold. I used just about every half baked method
of putting a little heat in the garage before I came on a 140K BTU forced
air furnace for free and installed it. What a pain it was with all those
other attempts at heating. What a pleasure it is now - just turn up the
thermostat. It's really not all that expensive to run either.

--

-Mike-