Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

Default repairing stripped threads with JB Weld

I appreciate all of your responses, even though most of them were
discouraging... Terry mentioned that LockTite makes a thread restorer kit
that includes the release agent, so I think I will try to find that.

Otherwise, there is no way I am pulling the tranny, and I would probably
have to take Andy's suggestion of sawing the car in half to get the drill in
there, so worst case, I will either use a larger sized self-tapping
fastener, epoxy it in permanently, or wrap duct tape around it...

Thanx!