Posted to uk.d-i-y
mikeyw

Default New light fitting won't switch off

Thanks guys - most of you did suggest the correct answer I probbly
struggled to follow what you were getting at.

The thing that threw me was requiring a separate connector for the
three reds - once I got my head around this it all fell into place.

You're right not the sort of thing to mess around with unless you are
knowledgeable in electrics but i'd have had to pay an electrician
probably £40 just to put the fitting up.

Big thank for all your help everything working fine now.

Mike