Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd

Default I wanted a dremel drill...

I was given a dremel as a birthday present and I got quite excited. I am
sure it is going to be really useful, but what will I use it for?
-
Lawrence
Nottingham, UK

There are things a Dremel will do that nothing else will do.
You'll know when the need arises!

I can go months without getting mine out of the box then suddenly it's
a life-saver.

Seconded...

Like when I was trying to remove the fan on the boiler to replace with
new. One of the stainless steel screws was completely seized, ended up
rounding the head, so tried drilling it out - no drills hard enough for
stainles steel (go figure?!), ended up using a cutting disk in the
dremel (well, Performance-Pro look-alike) to grind the head off.

Amazing tools for the 1% of the time that you need them.