Posted to sci.electronics.repair
none

Default this can't be right...

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:02:30 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
wrote:

Hi!

I can't imagine anyone in the civilized world getting " jazzed " about
having a black and white TV available to use - particularly one that

didn't
work right ...

Hmmm...I guess it depends upon your circumstances. I usually collect B&W TV
sets at garage sales for next to nothing and use them until they blow up.
They can be handy to have around.

I've got a little black and white RCA set that isn't too bad after a little
cleaning up. One night around this past summer, a nasty storm blew up in
town. This in turn blew down a large number of trees, including a rather
large one in my side yard. Of course the power went out...for at least that
night and possibly most of the next day or two.

So I hooked up an inverter in my truck, put the TV on the tailgate and used
it that night to watch the local news. To my amazement it didn't mind being
run from an inverter...I saw very little if any noise in the picture or
sound. Long story short quite a few people came over to see the weather that
night...

William

I did the same thing during Katrina.(New Orleans) Our power went out
around 3am the monday of the hurricane and I hauled out one of the
small 5inch portable tv's I had and ran it off one of the car
batteries I had charged up.(I'd been charging several of the car
batteries I had the day prior for emergency power.)
As a result I had tv and radio for the following two weeks when the
local utilities were out.