Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blown render = likely cause of damp?

Stuart Noble wrote:
wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
wrote:

The net flow of water on thesse
walls is from the inside out, not vice versa.

Am I alone in thinking this is utter nonsense?

No Stuart, there are plenty of people like you, who havent got the
brain to actually find out how it works, and assume the simplistic
storise you've been brought up on must be correct.

NT

I've had plenty of opportunity to observe damp over the years, having
had it to varying degrees in every house I've ever lived in, and many
that I've worked on.

I wonder why.

In most cases I have cured or greatly improved the
situation with modern materials without any of the dire consequences you
go on about.
I repeat that, almost without exception, damp inside coincides with rain
outside. It rains, the wall gets wet, and the water soaks through the
wall. End of story.

you just confirmed what I said.

Go stir your lime putty.

NT