Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nail removal

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:04:17 GMT, wrote:

I just use a set of bullnose pliers and a small scrap piece of
stainless steel to protect the wood. I have yet to find a nail I can
not pull.

Guess you never tried to pull 6 inch ringed pole barn spikes....
You WON'T get them out no matter how hard you try. I have almost
every nail pulling tool type made. You just cant pull them if the are
in solid wood. Grinding off the heads is the only way. Once head is
ground off, pry board off. The headless remains of the nails are still
in the pole. Being hardened nails, they can be snapped off easily,
but you can not pull them. I have tried using a 4 foot pry bar with a
6 foot pipe on the handle. The boards broke.

Mark