Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Are saddle valves replaceable?

On 23 Dec 2005 09:34:24 -0800, "phaeton"
wrote:

Have a saddle valve on some copper pipe that was put there (by prev.
home owner) to provide water to the refrigerator's icemaker. We have a
different fridge with a different size hookup, so I bought a copper

Good. Polyethylene can spring a leak at any time. Mine did and I had
gone of my way not to put any kinks or sharp bends in it. Sprayed all
over my basement file cabinet, which had one drawer open.

Put the point of the new saddle valve in the hole from the old saddle
valve. After you get it positioned and you clamping it a little bit,
you can back off the needle so you don't make the hole bigger than it
was. That way, in theory, you can turn off the water at the saddle
valve, although after a decade I have trouble doing that..

tubing kit to replace the existing plastic line and fittings. The

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.