Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

Default another DTV307 with broken blue CRT.

Ok, it is DTV307 chassis and 60" size. Another edsel!

HISTORY:
Originally had to change blue CRT for a bad spot which means unit was
functioning prior to this. After the CRT change, the unit kept
shutting down and had diffcult time getting them adjusted to get all
CRT playing together or else it shuts down or awful pic, have to
adjust per service manual to balance CRTs and do grey scale set up.
For this, had to replace other 2 CRT to get all this working. Except
this doesn't stop the shut downs.

Set at our shop with test image of windows via DVI cable
getting around to checking with scope probe and check voltages. Come
back to find unit dead, CRT neck broken in two where CRT flares out
from neck. Sigh.

Contacted RCA local service area and suggested vertical problems but
I'm not sure of that.

So what can do this one this time? I'm afraid of that unit to break
another CRT. The RCA local service manager told us they had to
rebuild those CRTs to meet the parts demands since RCA is no longer
producing CRTs of any types. Took us several months waiting for blue
CRT so you can see why I'm afraid.

Cheers, Wizard