Posted to rec.woodworking
Highland Pairos

Default Drafting table design point

This all makes great sense. Thank you to one and all for your insights. I
think I will leave off the ledge for comfort, and perhaps work in a better
way to hold pencils etc.

Now the next challenge will be working out the folding mechanism. Probably
not a big deal.

Thanks again,

SteveP.

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
I am considering incorporating a drafting table into a set of built in
bookcases that I am getting ready to make. The first design question that
popped into my head was an odd one. Is the lip at the bottom of the
drafting table, the one that the triangles and such rest on, of any
particular dimension? Does it need to be a particular height above the
table or a particular thickness?

I have little experience with drafting tables, obviously, but I thought it
might be nice to have. I just bought my wife a mat cutting system (from
Lee Valley of course) for Christmas and thought it might be a good work
surface as well as my using it for drawing plans. My last project really
taught me the value of drawings of a project.

SteveP.