Posted to rec.woodworking
Highland Pairos

Default Drafting table design point

Holding it on the t-square makes sense now that it is mentioned. Obviously
that negates the need for relying on the squareness of the table.

SteveP.

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Chris" wrote in message
Highland Pairos wrote:
I assumed that it was necessary for setting a triangle 90 deg to a
t-square that is set along the edge.

Is this not so?

You may be able to set the triangle on the t-square.

Yes, YOU DO SET the triangle on the top edge of the T-square.

I actually preferred the parallel-arm board version, where you had a
horizontal arm that moved up and down. That way you didn't have to worry
about keeping the t-square tight against the side.

Once you have been drawing for a while using a T-square you can see if it
is not parallel to the lines on the paper. Really not a problem because
you always hold the t-square in place pulling it up snug against the edge
of the drawing board.