Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Mortise and Tenon Machine?

In article ,
"TeamCasa" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Teamcasa" wrote:

This is a quality tool in the price range but its not the Multi-Router.
http://www.leighjigs.com/fmt.php

This looks like a comprehensive device, but MAN that's a lot of money
for a passive device, isn't it?....
Am I missing something?

The Leigh or the Multi-Router?
I've decided to build my own Dave-Multi-Router after the first or the year.
As for the Leigh tool, I saw it in action at a wood show and it worked
really well, but for the money, it was too much.

I meant the Leigh. I'm sure it works well‹their stuff does.
As is often the case, the flexibility which is designed into the tool
seldom gets used to its full potential. That makes it hard to justify
the expense. Low toy value.

The Multi-Router is expensive as well, and, IMHO, hardly a hobbyist
product. (unless a well-heeled hobbyist)
I can see it in a small scale production environment where it is fed
dimensioned lumber all day long. Very high toy value.