Posted to rec.woodworking
Highland Pairos

Default Drafting table design point

I assumed that it was necessary for setting a triangle 90 deg to a t-square
that is set along the edge.

Is this not so?

SteveP.

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
I am considering incorporating a drafting table into a set of built in
bookcases that I am getting ready to make. The first design question that
popped into my head was an odd one. Is the lip at the bottom of the
drafting table, the one that the triangles and such rest on, of any
particular dimension? Does it need to be a particular height above the
table or a particular thickness?

LEAVE IT OFF. It is going to be very uncomfortable for you to rest your
arms on. My drafting table had a level spot at the top to place the
electric eraser, eraser pad, pencil sharpener, etc..