Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

Default A Little OT : How to install Crown where the wall and ceiling meet at a 45??

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:35:24 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Ok - Im finally getting around to finish my bonus room. Did all the window
caseings and the base molding. I want to put crown between the wall and the
ceiling. The problem Im having is that the wall meets the ceiling at 45
degrees.

Do a google group search of this group and you will find the subject
discussed here a few times. Here's a site, that will probably be
mentioned, that shows some examples. You might notice that the
examples are painted and some angles (like where the top of the crown
meets the sloped ceiling) are not exactly close-ups.
http://www.compoundmiter.com/cathedral_ceiling.html

It can be done (several of us here have done it) although I've never
been totally satisfied with the compromises that have to be made when
running crown on a ceiling with much of a rake.

Mike O.