Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk

Default Jimmy Carter website

TinWoodsmn wrote:

Apparently the group isn't aware of what President and Mrs. Carter have
accomplished since their White House days. If you are interested, check out
www.cartercenter.org.

And apparently you think that lots of fine charity work makes up for:

1) Presiding over simultaneous economic stagnation and skyhigh
inflation that just crippled the country. Granted, this was by no
means all his fault (Nixon helped with his idiodic wage and price
fixing), but Carter did literally nothing to stop the bleeding.
He could give away every hour of the rest of his life and every
dime he ever made and still never come close to making restitution
for the economic harm he enabled.

2) His regular support and even praise for dictators and despots like
Castro because they tow the Leftie line of jamming the government
into every facet of an individual's life. He seems incapable
of grasping that "healthcare for all" in Cuba really means
"equally LOUSY healthcare for all in Cuba". If he is going to
call out those of us adamantly opposed to government involvement
in private matters (like healthcare), the least he could do is
quit visiting Walter Reed and go to Havana when he's sick.

3) His undermining of a sitting president during wartime. It's his
privilege to say what he wishes, but doing this is just low class.
If he objects to current US policy, he should be using his stature
to *quietly* influence the halls of power because as a former President
he has uncommon access to the halls of power.

4) The hypocracy of writing about our "lost American values" and teaching
Sunday School, while he overtly supports a party that sees nothing
wrong with 3rd-trimester abortion, that thinks that people who work
hard should pay for the rehabilitation of crackheads and whores,
and that believes that no religious expression ought ever to be seen
in anything public whatsoever. I'm suprised any Baptist church
lets him in the door let alone teach anything.

For the record, I no Republican/Rightwinger - they have many sins to
atone for as well. I also am quite sure Carter is a well-intentioned
fellow, a fine husband and father, and a paragon of personal virtue. (In
fact, he and Joe Lieberman are just about the *only* high profile
Lefties that fit that description.) He was just a really lousy President
and his finger wagging about the rest of us and our morals is ludicrous.
When he stops supporting the flatout murder of 6-9 month old humans and
calls the Democratic party out for being the den of vipers it is, then
I'll start taking him more seriously.

'Sorry, but charity does not compensate for incompetence and self-appointed
moral guardianship of all the Rest Of Us...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/