Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Default Base Moldings from mdf

Thats pretty much what I did for my shop bathroom.
I had some 5/8" MDF - cut it to 4" strips - ran it thru the router table for
a roundover - primed w/ kiltz - installed and painted white.

Looks great.

"Wyatt" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was unable to find the type of base moldings that I want to use in my
house and I don't want to pay for someone to make them custom.
Essentially, all I want is flat 5" molding with an an 1/8 or 1/4
roundover on one edge. This would be complemented by a shoe mold which
I can easily find. The whole thing painted white.

Is there any reason not to get a 4x8 sheet of mdf and cut 5" strips
and use those as a base mold?

~ Wyatt