Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.politics

Default Jimmy Carter website

Crossposted to alt.politics.
Follow-ups set to alt.politics

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 23 Dec 2005 09:58:05 -0800, wrote:

Crossposted to alt.politics.
Follow-ups set to alt.politics

Follow-ups fixed.

No, you didn't fix them. You misdirected this thread again.

I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IN ALT.POLITICS DAMMIT!

What you do or do not want is not relevent. Usenet is divided up
into newsgroups according to topic for very good and obvious
reasons. Just WTF do you think you are to put a higher priority
on some bizarre quirky preference of your own?

If I
did, I'd have subscribed there. This thread was started in rec.woodworking
by somebody ostensibly discussing woodworking.

Which you said was inapproriate, yet somehow, you seem to think it is
not inapproriate for YOU to do so.

Dave Hinz wrote:

Saddam claimed he had WMD.

Like when, 1989?

Got a cite?

He's provided you dozens of cites. That you choose to ignore the fact
that both sides of the aisle agreeed that SH had WMD's says more about your
"open-minded" politics and "careful study and search for the truth" than
anything else

False. He did not provide me with any cites in which Saddam
Hussein admitted having WMD. Also, AFAIK, Saddam Hussein
has never been on either side of the aisle.

As to "careful study and search for the truth", maybe you should have
at least considered reading the exchange once before responding to it?

-outing a CIA agent active in nuclear arms proliferation work

Yawn.

Of course you don't care about violations of black letter law. What
matters
to you is who does it, right?

You will gain tons more credibility in this regard if you were to
simultaneously call for an all-out investigation in determining who leaked
to the press the fact that the NSA was monitoring phone calls from areas in
foreign countries with Al Quaeda activity to people in the US.

That was never a secret.

Oh, BTW,
this was shortly after 9/11 (remember that date? Just in case you, like
many in the opposition party seem to have forgotten, that is when agents of
Al Queada hijacked 4 jetliners and destroyed the World Trade Center and
flew one into the Pentagon. At the time, we were seriously trying to
determine whether additional attacks were in the offing) *That* is a
serious breach of national security, was probably classified with handling
caveats in addition to the highest level of classification and *seriously*
undermines our effort to defeat the terrorists.

Again, it was NEVER a secret that the NSA intercepts and monitors
telecomunications. The fact that you didn't know that doesn't mean
that everyone else, espeicially al Queda, shared your ignorance.
What was, and still is a secret are the identities of the persons whose
telecomunications were being monitored.

The warrants issued by FISA were, and still are secret. The program
NEVER was secret. Al Queda had no way of knowing whether or not
FISA had issued warants to monitor their communications.

Did you even think for a second before you wrote that, or are you just
regurgitating your talking points for this week?

The only thing that was a secret and no longer is, is the fact that the
Bush
Administration bypassed FISA oversight. NO classified information was
released by that revelation.

The Plame issue was a non-issue. Plame was *not* working as a covert
agent when her identity as a CIA employee was discussed. The current NSA
issue is one of those things that is

First and foremost it is a moral issue. Taking political revenge on a
man
by attacking his wife is morally unjustifiable. It certainly is
something no
Christian would ever consider doing.

Secondly, Plame's status as a liason to the FBI on WMD issue was
classified, which qualifies her for protection under the statute.

Third, consider the effect on morale. Not only can our CIA operatives
not
rely on this administration to protect them, they now know that they
may
be attacked at any time as retailation against someone else in their
family.

--

FF