Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise

Default Good/Bad Idea

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:11:07 -0800, Steve B wrote:

Should I, or it even smart to hook a volume tank to a compressor that
already has one? I have a two horse Husky, brand new. I have the old
volume tank off the deceased Sears oil less screamer.

Is this helpful in any way, or does it just make the compressor run twice as
long filling up two tanks?

Steve

As long as the tank is serviceable, it will only take longer to fill up
both of them the first time. What will probably happen is that you'll get
a longer on-time and longer off-time. (IOW, you'll have more air use
before the compressor kicks in again, and when it does it will take longer
to get to the turn-off setpoint.)

There's a possibility that the motor is so close to the hairy edge that it
could overheat during the run cycle, but if it doesn't, the benefit is
longer off-times.

PV = TK, you know. :-)

Cheers!
Rich