Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default GMB Union

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Anyone reading the history of BL and its succeeders would have no
difficulty realising this. There were no industrial relations problems
when BMW took over, but even they soon realised the magnitude of the
task to modernise an industry so lacking in investment for decades was
totally beyond them.

Your facts are incorrect. There was massive injection of taxpayers
money into BL in the 80's. Their problem was that they were incapable of
designing a product which could be made to sell at a profit, in spite of
having all the latest production and cad systems.

This isn't so - most of the models were sold at a profit. The Mini was the
main example of the one which didn't until near the end of its life.

There may well have been a massive injection of taxpayer's money, but it
wasn't massive enough - none of the models were sufficiently developed to
be reliable from the off. Nor were they well production engineered as
there were far too many assembly problems. And that's before they started
rusting through poor paint and lack of wax injection.

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.