Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default Best washing machines for reliability & DIY repairs?

"briz" wrote:

Hey Clark If its a money saving water heater you want go with one of
thos tankless jobs. I bought mine and installed it during construction
of my new home and its the bomb. Takes up no space. runs only when you
need it and only uses a fraction of the gas my old tank style heater
used. It was well worth the triple cost over the standard heater.

Thanks. Am very familiar with tankless heaters. Unfortunately, in most
situations (especially retrofit ones like mine), they don't work out
economically.

For anyone else who is interested in tankless, State Indistries (a major water
heater manufacturer in the US) used to publish a good whitepaper on the
economics of tankless heaters. For some reason, they seem to have pulled it, but
you can still find it at the author's web site:

http://www.rwco.com/tankless_whitepaper.pdf