Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.home.repair
Sev

Default brewing coffee

Blt of a low-grade coffee snob myself. Previous posts make good
points. I think good coffee can be made many ways- I've had some from
old percolators I thought was very good. I don't care for french press
for this reason: people tend to leave the coffee in there, where it
will pick up bitter flavor from grounds; unless you are drinking it
all right away you need to decant into carafe. Modern drip pots are ok
by me as long as you turn off once coffee is brewed- heat destroys
flavor fast. Some pots use carafe- good design, though cleaning some
can be a chore. As for espresso- I've had some pretty good from $15
stove top pots- helps if you put paper filters in grounds compartment.