Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher foolishness?

The price was good and you hated the old one but it wont pay back from
energy usage in less water used . It may in fact cost you alot more to
run if what is possible, the old unit did not clean because it did not
electricaly preheat the water the new one does, so up may go your
electric bill. Water is cheap in usage compared to electricly
preheating
water. Something to think about in comparisons.

The new energy star ones definitely use less water and electricity. I
have a GE Profile and it does not use electricity to heat the water
during wash cycles, unless you specifically select it by pushing the
extra heat button. However, I do agree that the payback time for a
$250 savings is gonna be a long time, a lot longer than a couple years.

However, if the old one was not doing a good job and you didn't like
it, that's reason enough to replace. I recently replaced by 17 year
old one that was still working because it looked like crap and I saw a
great deal on a new one. Very happy with it too, it's super quiedt
compared to the old one.