Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel

Default Power & reliability issues for UV leds

distar97 wrote:
Thanks to James Sweet for the CCFL tip. I totally forgot All
Electronics had these things. Its currently out of stock but they had a
25mm CCFL for 8 bucks or so, they also have the necessary inverter to
provide the proper juice. It's not as small as my little keychain led
but it would make a very nice "robust" portable UV source. I can
probably find the Velleman CCFL elsewhere. Curiously, All doesn't carry
UV LED's. BTW, you can see the keychain version I got on ebay. Search
under UV LED, you'll see just one HK seller offering the small keychain
coin-cell type. A guy in the states has a different pointer style UV
LED light.

Dennis H.

Hi...

And for those in Canada, if you have a chequing account with the
Royal Bank of Canada, next time you need more blank cheques you can
ask for the cheque "kit", rather than just more blank cheques.

You'll get one in that kit.

Take care.

Ken