Posted to sci.electronics.repair
distar97

Default Power & reliability issues for UV leds

Thanks to James Sweet for the CCFL tip. I totally forgot All
Electronics had these things. Its currently out of stock but they had a
25mm CCFL for 8 bucks or so, they also have the necessary inverter to
provide the proper juice. It's not as small as my little keychain led
but it would make a very nice "robust" portable UV source. I can
probably find the Velleman CCFL elsewhere. Curiously, All doesn't carry
UV LED's. BTW, you can see the keychain version I got on ebay. Search
under UV LED, you'll see just one HK seller offering the small keychain
coin-cell type. A guy in the states has a different pointer style UV
LED light.

Dennis H.